Monday 6 January 2014

New Years Resolution Horsey Style

So I know I shouldn't be blogging this week as I am preparing for my final Bank exam this Saturday....ahhh!But I said I would do a quick blog in line with #ITWBN theme of New Years Resolutions. So this will be a quick post but might get my horsey friends thinking ahead of the 2014 season and may make life a little finanicially easier.

Last year it was safe to say it was the most expensive year for me with the horses as we decided to travel further a field to some more national competitions in the yards new truck (very exciting). Of course with all of this comes more entries, stabling fees, most beauty products for the grooming box, some celebratory drinks, etc, etc.

So being very analytical as all the girls know I am, I decided I was going to put a few bob aside each month into my horsey account. You may think oh ya she works in the bank so of course she will be good with her money but no way, not when it comes to the horses. As most horsey people know you never second think the mares shoes every 6 wks but you second if not triple think about buying shoes for yourself. Then grooming products...no problem handing over €20 for highlighter for the mares but again you think about that fab new highlighter in benefit but yet question yourself.  So instead of scrambling money together during the summer months where you love your weekend shows but also love your summer nights out, fashion & make up then why not make a new years resolution to set up your horsey account. I am paid monthly (dose) so a standing order leaves my account the same day and arrives into the "Coco/Rosie Account". As of today I have €100 in that account unknown to myself and its only January. With the help of God we plan to visit some more of the bigger shows this season so I will be giving myself a pat on the back for starting this account. Why not give it a try, screw the diets, gyms, etc and think of yourself and your horses! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment