Sunday 1 December 2013

All I want for Christmas is..............

This weeks theme for the bloggers of #ITWBN is "All I want for Christmas is..."

There are loads on my list but for my equine followers here are my top 3 equine must haves on my wish list......

Ardall Pro-Fit Studs

One of my pet hates is studs! When getting ready for the ring it is most definitely the most stressful part of the whole thing. For one you have to leave this task till last as you cant have the poor horse standing on their tip toes on concrete while plaiting and tacking and if you are like me you only remember to put them in when you are dressed and ready to go....the sweaty face from the stress of taping and screwing them in is not a good look! My biggest horror story was the RDS 2010. All set to go and then BANG..no studs in. Rosie is the type of mare who needs a few days to recuperate after visiting the farrier so her shoes were about a week old. Even though we had kept an eye and stuffed the stud holes we still had problems with putting the studs in on the morning of the class. In the end we failed and hoped for the best...not a nice feeling but she went foot perfect thank god! This year at the Dublin Horse Show a few people had mentioned these amazing studs were on demo with the "crowd with the dummy!" so Sandra and I set on our way to find the stand to see what the fuss was about. Ardall gave a demo and you could test them out for yourself. Of course there were people trying their best to find a fault but there is none. They are amazing...with one good tap the studs are in and there is no way of them falling out and the best of all.....no tapping the threads of the shoes! Imagine the time you will save. Sounds ideal...the studs were not on sale at the show but they are on my wish list for the 2014 season...make sure to check them out! If Santa thinks I am worthy of these studs I will do a review and share my thoughts.



Dy'on Leather Blinkers
So as you may have seen last week, Coco and I were in The Irish Field for the Spooky Mare award...we were thrilled, great craic. However saying that Coco can be a spooky mare. I noticed a number of showjumpers sporting new blinkers and I thought what a great idea. When Coco is unsure about a situation I notice she looks back at me. I have searched high and low to find something neat and discreet for her bridle as I dont want her to look like a racehorse with sheepskin blinkers heading in the showjumping/working hunter ring. So I followed in the showjumping league and stuck some vet wrap onto her bridle (not a good look). I am not so sure if it is working to be honest as we havent been out much with it being the end of the season. With that said I came across these beauties on the fab Tailored Equestrian website. They are exactly what I want, stylist but effective. I will definitely be adding these to my list at a great price of €22. If we get them I will most certainly do a review on how we get on with them.


Caldene Royal Show Jacket
Last but most certainly not least is a present I want for myself, the Caldene Royal Show Jacket. I have changed Coco's colours for next season to a navy and brown set of numnahs, sheep skin pad and fly veil. I purchased the numnah and fly veil at the RDS and Coco bought the saddle pad from Horse Health with her winnings from the championship at Equifest. I like the look of the colours on her as they go nicely with her dark bay coat. Then to dress myself, I have a perfectly fine navy show jacket but I stumbled on this jacket on equestrianclearance.com and thought perfect this will complete our look for 2014.


So if I get one of the above for Christmas I will be one happy girl with happy horses :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment